Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Very Vanilla

Today at the grocery store I saw a girl I hadn't seen since high school. She recognized me before I could pull the "I didn't see you" stunt and said hi. On any other day I would have been mortified that I had on no makeup and my hair was pulled back into a wet bun, but today I had actually taken a shower and gotten dressed, so I was feeling pretty good about myself. I walked off with my head held high and a smile on my naked face.

Today I am dreaming up new names for my blog. I wish I could change it daily. The possibilities are endless, and I can't choose just one. I'm seriously considering "Alicia's Blog."

Today I feel like warmed over death, with a sinus headache, a persistent cough and the feeling that I have ceased spinning but the rest of the world is in a full speed spin cycle. A vast improvement from yesterday, so I decided a shower was in order. And clothes that I didn't sleep in.

Today is about a million degrees and I long to be by the pool. But the fact that I know it's a million degrees outside means I finally ventured outside of the house, so, kudos to me.

Today is vanilla. Maybe tomorrow will be chocolate.