Create your own Friend Quiz here
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Friday, July 27, 2007
However, I have some shocking news. They may have actually figured out what's wrong with me!!! Who would have thought the medical profession would actually pull through? Not me. But Doctor, in all her medical wisdom, got it right (we think) on only the second try. She guessed I might have CELIAC DISEASE (an intolerance of gluten for those who don't know) and sure enough, the blood test results came back abnormal. I tried really carefully to understand and remember her explanation of the results but she may as well have been speaking Parseltongue for all I understood (sorry, got Harry Potter on the brain). What I did get was that they test for it in two parts and I passed one and failed the other. She said it's a pretty good indication it is celiac, but even if it's not, something is obviously wrong (seriously?) and it narrows it down. But she's sending me to a gastroenterologist (I'm not real sure I want anyone entering my gastro) to find out for sure.
So, although I may never be able to eat wheat again, I'll be doing the Dance of Joy that at least I have some answers!! (There's no wheat in gum, right?)
P.S. Still haven't finished Harry Potter. There's no justice in this world!!!
Friday, July 20, 2007
UPDATE: It is not lactose intolerance. It is not my gall bladder. It is not pregnancy. It is not acid reflux. It is not a whole lot of things. But what is it? If you can tell me I'll give you a million dollars. I did the math and I'm coming up on 2 months of this. I seriously don't remember what it feels like to feel normal and good. As soon as I find out (ha!) what it is, I'll give another update. In the meantime, I'm sitting here waiting for my sweet husband to get back with Harry Potter #7 (ahhhhh!!!!). It's midnight and he just called and notified me that the line reached the back of the store. Oops. Sorry Bill. Love ya.
So, I'll be busy for awhile, lost in Harry Potter Land. Don't be surprised if it's a while before you hear from me again, but I'll do my best.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Monday, July 9, 2007
Sunday, July 8, 2007
Our first picture taken together...
On 7-7-00, we got married in the Seattle Temple...
Our first Halloween together...
Two Halloweens ago we were Napoleon and Deb...
And yesterday, on 7-7-7, we had our 7th anniversary.
To jusa_guy: Happy Anniversary and thanks for the last seven years,
the best of my life! Love, blondegirl!
(This is our song)
Thursday, July 5, 2007
Here are some of my favorite things about him:
He thinks underwear is hilarious.
He will climb anything at any height, and jump off of it without giving it a second thought.
But he screams like a little girl if he sees and ant.
He is a ray of sunshine in our home.
I can't remember what life was like without him.
Happy Birthday to the boy who never fails to put a smile on my face!
[This song on Maroon 5's new album, "Won't Go Home Without You" is Payson's favorite.]
Tuesday, July 3, 2007
- I am so sick of law-breakers on the 4th of July. Who decided that the "no personal fireworks" law was really more of a suggestion than an actual law and really didn't need to be obeyed? Also, what the heck is up with doing fireworks three days before the 4th? The Declaration of Independence was still being drafted on the 3rd of July, folks. No cause for celebration yet.
- I hate contacts. I would kill for Lasiks. Come 10:00 at night my eyes are so dry and burny I have to squint at everything and blink every 2 seconds. Thanks for passing on the crappy vision, Dad.
- I went to Michael's on Saturday to spend a gift card I got on Mother's Day and stumbled into the new Martha Stewart aisle. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It was wonderful. The products, the packaging, the colors....I wanted to set up camp and live in that aisle. I dropped a cool $40 and walked out with her markers, ribbon box, rotary cutter and some paper flowers that were on clearance. I love them all!!! If you haven't yet, check it out.
- Swimming lessons. My little girl is an absolute fish. She would swim from dawn til dusk if I let her. And through the night. She LOVES to swim, and she's pretty good at it. Especially the back float. She could cross the Atlantic on her back. She shocked me to my very core the first Friday of swimming lessons when it was time for the big slide. She followed everyone up to the top and after five minutes of watching the bottom and still no Macy, I thought, "Uh-oh, she's totally freaked out and is stuck up at the top. Hopefully a teacher will take pity on her and go down with her." (Some kids were coming down the slide with teachers.) But not two minutes later Macy comes shooting off the bottom of the slide alone and disappears in the white foam until a guy teacher reached in and pulled her out. She hopped out of the pool and headed up the stairs again. I couldn't believe it! She may have my anxieties, but for some reason when it comes to thrill-seeking she is all Bill. Every time I think something will scare her to try she is the first to do it and loves it. I love that about her.
- Lactose intolerance is one of the WORST things ever. I thought it would be no big deal to go off dairy. No milk, yogurt or ice cream, right? WRONG! Dairy is in EVERYTHING!!! I have yet to have a day where I have gone completely dairy-free and I feel it.
- I am very excited about tomorrow. I love the 4th of July. Bill gets the day off, we spend all day at my mom's with my family swimming, eating, having a blast. And it's supposed to be scorching, which is exactly how the 4th should be.
- Where have all the bloggers gone? On the one hand I will miss some of my favorite bloggers this summer. On the other hand, I may actually be able to keep caught up with so few people blogging regularly!
Was this random enough for you? Stay tuned for tomorrow's guest blogger, and in the meantime enjoy my favorite song from M5's new album.