Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

So I looked back to see when I last did a Teaser Tuesday, and it was over a year ago. Crazy. The funniest part is that I have read and re-read the segment I "teased" several times and I can't for the life of me figure out what part of my novel it would be from. Funny. But weird.

Anyway, I don't have my Teaser Tuesday picture I usually use cause I don't have it on this computer and I have no desire to go searching for it online right now. So without ceremony, here's my teaser:

Something woke me some time later; I had no idea how long I’d been asleep. My head ached slightly and my cheeks were tight with dried tears.

The atmosphere in the room had changed since I was last awake. It was darker, pitch black almost, dead of the night. Silent, except for the rain now pounding outside on my window loudly, which I realized was the source of my wakening. My apartment had grown colder, but I wasn’t cold. Why wasn’t I cold?

I shifted, and instantly felt the body beside me.

© A. Leppert 2011

4 comments:

Alison said...

Ooooh! Good one!

tharker said...

I love Teaser Tuesday!

You sure know how to give us just enough and then to leave it with us totally wondering what's next. Nicely done, Alicia!!

Unknown said...

tee-heee!!! yummy.

Sara said...

mmmmm.... can't wait to read the entire novel.