Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Memory Lanes

Today we took our kids bowling for the first time ever. It was one of those things that made me feel like I could put on my "Good Mom" badge, even though the whole thing was Bill's idea. Today was the last day of his 10 day vacation and he wanted to spend it doing something fun. So bowling we went. It was definitely pricier than I'd thought it would be, but I have to say, it was totally worth it. The kids had a blast, and, frankly, I'd forgotten about my stellar bowling skillz.


"Take a picture of our hideous shoes." --Macy

That's right. I pretty much rocked the lanes. I took a picture of the scoreboard after our first game but it was too tiny and blurry to show the multiple X's across the board and the final score of 140, which happened to be the highest number on the screen. Hidden talent? You could say that.

I think the best part, though (besides beating Bill), was watching Payson try and chuck the ball that was bigger than him down the lane. It was priceless. It only flew out of his hand on the back swing twice. And I must have passed on my bowling genes to Macy, cause she got the hang of it really quickly. I nicknamed her the Spare Queen, cause she got one almost every time (with the aid of the bumpers, but, still.) All in all, it was an awesome time that I will always treasure.

Now I am in full panic mode because I am hosting Bunco at my house tomorrow night and my house isn't clean (that was my idea of what we should do today), I have no groceries, no idea what to make for dinner, no prizes, no idea what to even do for prizes. I usually give myself two full days to get ready for Bunco. Tomorrow promises to be insane. Wish me luck.

No comments: