Friday, September 21, 2007

FINALLY

I did it!! I have lost ten pounds. I have been waiting to lose that last dang tenth pound for three days, sure it was going to happen each day, and finally, today, I did! I am ecstatic. And for the first time in my life I'm doing it the right way, by completely changing the way I eat, what I eat. By eating healthy. No more "dieting" by not eating all day and then having ten cookies. Sure I lose weight that way...for a day. Then I gain two back the next.
I'm doing Weight Watchers Online, but here's the key: Weight Watchers never worked for me before because you are allowed any food you want as long as you stick to your points. So I'd use my points up on cookies, corn dogs, etc. Nothing changed except that I was starving. Last week I was checking out their Weight Watchers online site, desperate, and stumbled across my dream diet: The Core Plan. It is a huge list of healthy foods that you can eat as much as you want of because of their low calorie count, and there is no points tracking at all. This is exactly what I wanted! Someone to tell me exactly what is considered "healthy" and not to have to calculate each meal.
I've been doing it for four days and have only lost one pound, (the other nine I had already lost on my own before I started) but technically I'm not supposed to weigh myself til Monday, so I cheated. I know it's slow going, 2-3 lbs. a week, but I don't care, that's a lot faster than I've been going! And for the first time, it's just as important to me to be eating healthy for health reasons, with all the crap I've been feeling, than losing the weight. And this way I'll keep it off.
Anyway, I am beyond excited. Here's to the next ten!!

No comments: