Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It's Official

I'm boring myself with nothing but updates lately on my blog, but it seems to be the only noteworthy things going on in my life right now. And this is a pretty fantastic update:

I OFFICIALLY DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE!!!
I cannot tell you how ecstatic I am about this. The funny part is, for the first time in two months I can eat bread again, and I'm still not. I thought I'd go hog wild and eat every grain in sight, but I started doing the Core Diet and there's virtually no bread on it. I did celebrate with a couple things, but one great thing that came out of this whole Celiac thing is that I learned I'm totally fine not eating bread. Just knowing that if I want something I can have it and it won't make me sick is enough. I've never dealt well with being told I "can't" do something.
So that's my latest update. I wish I could say it will be my last, but it won't. My symptoms are back and between the gastroenterologist (for the nausea and stomach pains) and my optomitrist (for the dizziness and headaches) we're still trying to figure this out. I feel weird saying "keep me in your prayers" but, seriously, could ya? I really don't want to feel like crap anymore. It's been almost five months and I just want to feel normal and good again.

No comments: