Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Clarifications

Okay, okay, so I'm not really writing a book about a clown named Rudolfo. But you can't tell me that wouldn't make one stellar novel.

Basically I haven't written anything in weeks and I just couldn't give another teaser from the same four pages I've written. Before long you could piece them all together and have the first chapter, and I obviously don't want that. So I decided to have a little fun. And fun it was.

Secondly, I think I was entirely unclear on which statue I was referring to in my last Disneyland post, the one that makes me tear up (and tear up may have been an exaggeration. I guess a more accurate description would have been "I like it a lot"). It looked like I was talking about the statue of Pluto that Macy is standing next to. Don't get me wrong, Pluto is a cute dog and all, but seeing his likeness in bronze doesn't exactly make me well up. No, I was actually talking about the picture below it, the one of Walt Disney and Mickey. I don't know if it was just being there or what, but something about that statue, the two of them holding hands, Walt pointing as if he's showing something to Mickey, it just sums up the essence of Disneyland. I don't know why. I just love it.

So there are the answers to your burning questions. Now you can sleep soundly tonight.

I'm hoping to update my movie blog soon. I've seen two movies recently that I want to review and I'm ready to do another This Week In Hollywood, so, you know, check it out. (Once I write it. Don't check it out right now, there's nothing there yet.)

Alicia...out.

7 comments:

Ben and Alissa said...

I LOVE your movie reviews and TWIH so I will be sitting here, anxiously refreshing your movie blog ;)

Ben and Alissa said...

(I hope the wink didn't come across the wrong way! I didn't mean it like I was kidding about loving your stuff, but just about how we've talked about refreshing our email over and over and over)

Ben and Alissa said...

((Done now, happy 3 comments!))

tharker said...

I loved the teaser spoof! And I can't wait for another This Week in Hollywood!

Marilyn said...

That was a funny little trick Alicia. You crack me up.

Amy J. said...

I have been missing this week in Hollywood! ADd it soon please.

ashley said...

SO I actually was really liking the teaser, but as soon as I saw "Renesmee" I thought, no way! Could she have? Would she have? But your writing style is amazing Alicia! Even if it is about the circus and red foam noses!