Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Journey Continues

A year ago I added that scale to my sidebar.
So you could all track my weight loss and celebrate
with me as I shrunk down to the person I wanted to be.
I lost just over twenty pounds.
I'm sure you've noticed the scale hasn't changed in a while.
Like, half a year.
But the good news is,
I'm still there.
I haven't gained it back.
(Well, maybe like 3 lbs, but who's counting?)
But I'm not done.
I have not met my goal,
and I still can't wear skinny jeans.

So....
my sister and I are starting our very own weight loss group.
(See details here.)
EVERYONE is invited.
This means you.
All it is is a group of people who have one thing in common:
They want to lose weight.
We will meet weekly,
motivate each other,
give tips, advice, praise,
weigh in in private if we so choose
(this is the only thing that works for me)
but best of all,
we will lose weight.
Together.
It's free.
It works.
I've done it.
You can too.

Hope to see you there!!

4 comments:

melissa mae said...

That's awesome! I wish I could find someone to do that with.

Shayla said...

So glad that you guys are doing this! I will be there!

aubrey said...

Good luck! It's so awesome that you are doing that! Next year at the reunion I hope we don't recognize eachother with all our weight loss! WOOT! WOOT!

hatch said...

I cannot tell you how excited I am about this!I am the same way the weigh in is the only thing that has ever really motivated me.
I am however bummed, I will not be able to go to the first meeting. We have a funeral that day at 11, but I will be there next week.