Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Teaser Tuesday


I just searched back through my blog to see what I last "teased" and was shocked to see I haven't done a teaser since AUGUST!! What the crap?! That's crazy! But then I starting thinking about it, and realized it shouldn't have shocked me because a) up until recently I hadn't been writing at all since August and b) I was barely even blogging there for a while. But still...I say I'm long overdue for a teaser, don't you? Here ya go.


We stood, facing each other, staring into eyes that were barely perceptible in the dark. No less than a million thoughts and questions flooded my mind, and I had not one thing to say. The shock of his revelation had stopped the flow of tears, but I did not move to wipe the residual moisture from my cheeks. I couldn’t even feel that they were wet anymore.


Finally I shook my head. “I don’t understand. Why? Why are you doing this?"


© A. Leppert

6 comments:

Shayla said...

More, more, more!!

dandee said...

i second Shayla!

ashley said...

Oh how I have missed Teaser Tuesdays! I can't wait for more! By the way, I read the Hunger Games and am in LOVE. It. was. awesome. But the whole time I was reading it, I kept thinking to myself, am I "really" liking this book, it seems crazy to actually enjoy the storyline!

Rachael said...

Do you ever wonder what it would be like to live life with thoughts like that? Whenever I read a book and it says stuff like that part about the tears, what would be like to know you had wet tear streaks, and all at the same time know you were unaware of them? I don't know if that makes sense, but it has always been one of my favorite parts about reading a book. It makes life seem so romantic.

Amy J. said...

WOW...

the "L" spot said...

is this for a book your writing? because i wanna read it all!!!