Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Okay, my fans have spoken, and they will be heard. To respect Nicole's privacy, I won't name any names. But it has been made known to me in no uncertain terms that I need to get my butt back online and update my blog. So here I am, in all my glory. Oh, and I have to welcome back my fans who have just recently realized I am blogging again. I apologize that you couldn't find me, I swear I wasn't trying to give anyone the slip. I'm so glad you've found me.

So I'm going to have to cram all the posts I've been wanting to do into this one, to make up for lost time. Things have been kind of exciting around here lately, which is really weird. I actually have stuff to blog about, just no time to do it.

So here's a rundown of what's been going down in my world:

  • I chopped my hair off to just below my chin. Aaaaahhhhh! I LOVE IT. I will not post a picture for two reasons: 1) Because I attempted to fix it today and hate it. I have to go back to cousin Heather to get a tutorial on how to fix my hair. And 2) Because what's the fun in seeing a picture? I can't get feedback through a computer screen. If you all saw a picture of it first, then the next time you see me it's old news and not, "Oh my gosh, your hair!!" I need that verbal feedback, people. I'm not ashamed to admit it.
  • Last night we had to take my daughter to the ER. She couldn't breathe. I've never had a child who couldn't breathe before, I had no idea what to do. I was pretty sure it was croup, and I'd always heard to take them outside, so we bundled up my poor, sick, miserable, gasping 6 year old in her coat and blanket and stood outside in the freezing cold. She was so confused, couldn't figure out why we were making her stand out in the cold in the middle of the night when she was so sick. It helped a little, but not enough, so we took her in. All they did was confirm it was croup, gave her a steroid, and told us that if it happened again, to take her outside in the cold again. (I had to give myself props for figuring out on my own what the doctors said to do. Yay me.)
  • Tonight I got an unexpected surprise. A phone call at dinner had me on on a massage table ten minutes later, getting a free massage. Me likey free. Me likey massage.
  • It's official, again. I don't have celiac disease. Again. I went to Dr. Gastro to find out once and for all, and he said that with the biopsy results showing no signs of it compared with the blood test results (the numbers when I wasn't eating gluten compared with the numbers when I was were almost identical), that it was almost definite I don't have it. He said the original blood test that made them think I had it must have been a false positive. Imagine that. All this over one false test result. So my theory? It's the acid reflux. I've been symptom-free since I started taking A.R. medicine, and when I don't take it I feel sick again. The only problem occurred when Dr. Gastro said I was self-medicating and needed to try to control it through diet changes. This is the list he gave me, I kid you not: NO mint gum, NO pop, NO sugar, NO greasy fast foods. Um, huh? Is there other food out there? Does he want me to starve?
  • But quite possibly, the most exciting thing to happen here was the completion and distribution of my Christmas cards. Hallelujah! I can get back to life.

So there you have it. An update. Hopefully it'll tide you over for the next two weeks. Just kidding, I'll try to do better, Nicole.

No comments: