Monday, November 26, 2007

Obsession

There are so many things I could blog about, but there is only one thing on my mind. All the time. To the point of obsession:
Vampires.
No. I can't believe I just said that either, and yet, there it is, in bold print. I am obsessing about vampires. Well, just one actually. His name is Edward.
The irony in all of this is that I hate vampires. Not in the "vampires are bad and scary" way that you're supposed to hate vampires, but in the "books and movies about vampires are ridiculous and juevenile and retarded" way. My husband LOVES them. His very favorite movies are vampire movies. I have never been able to sit through five minutes of any of them. And you know coming from me, that says a lot.
This is the reason I was so hesitant to read the Twilight series. Although everyone raved about the love story, I just couldn't get on board with the vamps. But, like anything else, once I saw that the hype was not dying away, my curiousity got the best of me.
Enter Edward. And my newfound vampire obsession. I think it will be a very good thing when I finish the third book, so that my mind might finally be free to think about other things. Until the next one comes out, of course.

No comments: