Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Everyone Loves a Sequel

Alright, enough is enough. I stayed away as long as I could, but I miss blogging so badly I ache. After trying to get caught up on all the blogs I've fallen behind on the past few weeks, the desire to blog again became so strong I couldn't get back here fast enough. So..................................................................................................................
THE MOVIE QUEEN IS BACK
in all her crazy glory. And to prevent another disappearance like that, I've decided to lay down some ground rules for my peace of mind and, well, for the sake of humanity, really. It goes something like this:
1. I'm a crazy person. I have many, many levels to me. On any given day, you may get any of the following: Funny Me, Serious Me, Depressed Me, Normal Me, Sarcastic Me, Thoughtful Me, Nostalgic Me.....and this is my blog. I feel this makes it interesting. I hope you feel the same. Rule #1: I reserve the right to be all over the map.
2. Depressed Me tends to make an appearance and then set up camp for a week or three. Depressed Me is the anti-blogger. So if you visit my blog and get the same thing day after day after day, just know that Depressed Me is in town but hopefully packing her bags, and maybe check back in a few days. Rule #2: I reserve the right to not blog whenever the heck I don't feel like it.
3. I'm going to try my very hardest to not let the content or quantity of comments on my blog affect the way I blog. It's dang hard, but I'm going to try. I love reading the comments I get, I just don't love the way I depend on them. Rule #3: I reserve the right to be human and judge myself on the number of comments I get on a post. (However, I will try my best to not be human.)
So, that's out of the way. Whew! Let the blogging begin! Okay, here's a synopsis of the craziness that has been my life since my last post:
  • The Crop For Her Cure consumed my life for a couple of weeks, but was totally worth it. We had an amazing turnout and an amazing amount raised. Everything came together wonderfully and the night was a huge success. After being so involved in getting this thing off the ground, I was emotionally invested and had a lot of pride in how great it went. Of course, none of it could ever have happened without this awesome gal.
  • We had our primary program on Sunday, hopefully my last. The kids did great, although they really had fun stringing me along, making me believe the whole thing would be a disaster, only to get up there and be perfect angels for the actual performance. Crazy kids. Seriously, I don't think I can do another primary program. Ever.
  • I decided not to be the last person on earth to read "Twilight." I'm three days into it and still trying to figure out what all the hoopla's been about. It's good, I just expected more. Much more. And I still have to get past the fact that I'm actually reading a book about vampires. But, I always, always finish a book, even if I hate it, and I know this one will get better.
  • My sister had her baby boy five weeks early. He was 4 lbs. 14 oz., the tiniest thing I've ever seen, but has done stinkin' awesome since the moment he came out. He should be coming home any day now. We can't wait.
  • My blog's birthday came and went on November 7. I'm sad that I missed it. It's pretty ironic that I missed my blog's year mark because I stopped blogging for a while. Anyway, Happy Belated Birthday Blog.

I think that's it. Wow, that felt good. I can't wait to come back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next.....it's good to be back.

No comments: