Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer Madness


What a crazy-busy-fun week I've had.
Now I can finally post pictures of our 4th.
You may have already read about it here and here.


We started off with a little (or a lot) swimming





What a bathing beauty.
Hopefully Danyelle forgives me for this picture.
She has no idea I even took it.


After a fabulous feast we celebrated Cayden's and Payson's birthdays.


Payson finally got his much-desired Webkin.
He promptly named it Bone.


Next the boys reenacted the Revolutionary War.


Payson wasn't too happy when he got killed off.



Since the boys had a war, the girls decided the best way to
commemorate our nation's independence was to have a dance-off.
I agree.



Amidst the ballet and jazz, Payson started busting some break dance moves.




And then we went home and all went to bed at 9:00.
No fireworks for this exhausted family.
It was a great 4th of July.



We have also been extremely busy with Payson's soccer
(this is the only soccer pic I have. Why does he look 2?)


and swimming lessons, which we just started this week.
(Yeah, these pictures pretty much suck too, but I don't claim to be a photographer,
and I still have a point and shoot.)



The kids absolutely LOVE swimming lessons, and love to play in the wading pool
when they're done.



Crazily enough, that was the tip of the iceberg for my busy week.
What I didn't get a picture of was:

  • Payson's actual birthday. Sad, I know, but after the 4th festivities my battery was spent.
  • Bill's and my anniversary (sorry, no pics of that either :) which was WONDERFUL thanks to the bathing beauty above who offered to take my kids ALL NIGHT so we could go on a date and be out as late as we wanted. Thanks again Danyelle!! (Also made wonderful by my sweet husband who surprised me by taking the night off work and giving me the most gorgeous two-toned roses I've ever seen. I love you Bill!) We went out to eat at The Olive Garden and saw Hancock. Review to come.
  • Swimming in my mom's pool for hours on end. This is how we spend almost every single afternoon and I am finally starting to get tan! Woohoo!
So, it's been a whirlwind, but a great summer so far. Here's hoping the second half is just as fun!

No comments: