Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So after my week o' perfection last week I'm having a hard time not getting down this week. You know, like the day after Christmas or your birthday. Such a let down. I knew this would happen. I think I enjoy looking forward to things more than the actual thing itself. I love that feeling of excitement and anticipation, counting down to something you are so excited for. And when it finally happens, then what? I don't remember what I thought about before the Twilight movie countdown. Now what will I think about all day? At least I have a new car to cheer me up.

I am looking forward to this four day weekend with my husband. Have I said lately how much I love that man? I still can't believe my luck that I stumbled into a chat room one day and he was there, waiting for me. How did I get so lucky? How are our personalities so similar? How do we always find the exact same things funny and the exact same things stupid? How are we both so insanely afraid of offending people and we both bend over backwards to help people? How do I think of something I need to call him about at work and just then my phone rings and it's him, asking me about that very thing? How did I find someone so willing to deal with my plethora of issues, someone who doesn't bat an eye when he comes home from work and the house looks like we were robbed and there's no dinner on the table...again. Someone who listens to my complaints and does whatever it takes to make things better. Someone who promised me when we met that he would not only make me happy, but keep me happy--and has honored that promise every day since. I don't know what I did to ever deserve him.

Wow, that came out of nowhere. Anyway, I'm going to spend Thanksgiving weekend making my first pies ever, re-reading Midnight Sun (to get back to the real Edward), cleaning my house, and trying very hard not to gain back all the weight. And by "very hard" I mean I might not have that second piece of pie.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your paragraph about Bill...you are obviously very thankful for him! Have a great Thanksgiving with your family.

MomD said...

I just found out if you cut the top inch of pumpkin pie off of your serving and just leave the filling and bottom triangle of crust, you save 100 calories!! Anything to help you stay on track!! Now you can have two pieces!! :)

aubrey said...

Hurrah for looking at the small things to cheer us up after a big, exciting, anticipating build up!

I loved your little "ode" to Bill! So romantic.

Good luck on the pie making, I myself am learning pie making as well this weekend, we must blog about it dah-ling!!!

tharker said...

Your paragraph about Bill was so great Alicia. You are good wife and you absolutely deserve that good husband you have!

I made my very first pie crust today. Well, it's not actually my first, but I'm counting it as my first since the few other times I've tried, they basically sucked. I THINK this one turned out okay, but I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

Have fun re-reading Midnight Sun. I read about half of it a while ago, but never got back to it. Maybe I should do that this weekend...

Have a great Thanksgiving Alicia!

Unknown said...

love this post. i'm rereading twilight to get that movie out of my head. not necessarily edward. rob pattison looks exactly like i'd want him to look.

Lisa said...

Wow, your post took a whole different direction, didn't it? I am so happy for you. You and Bill have got it going on...who needs Edward? Er, wait...did I go to far, can we still be friends?

Alicia Leppert said...

Lisa, you are dead to me now.

Amy J. said...

Ohhhh, that was so sweet. I wuf Bill too. :)

Anonymous said...

WHERE ARE YOU??? I'VE MISSED READING YOUR POSTS...COME ON GET TO TYPING, I'M GETTING BORED HERE!
MARISA

Alicia Leppert said...

ha, ha. Marisa, I'm working on one RIGHT NOW, just for you. But please know you just completely made my day.

Anonymous said...

Alicia, This should have been said a few days ago, but, THANK YOU! I got the cards you made me in the mail right before Thanksgiving, well, maybe sooner, but we never check the mail. I love them. The best part was, I forgot they were coming and i love suprises in the mail. Thanks, they are perfect.