Friday, January 26, 2007

The Infected Tooth Diet

Yea! I just had to write a new post, simply because I could. Apparently it's just as everyone said, when you switch to the new blogger, you get nothing but crap for a week and then suddenly it's better. Woohoo! So, to update everyone, I went in and got prepped for my crown and got a temporary put on, it was soooo long and not fun at all but luckily they warned me it would be so, so I went prepared with my iPod and just listened to Enya so as to calm myself and just picture sailing away on the Carribean. It was kind of funny though, because I was numb from my chin to my ear to my eye, my ear phone kept falling out and I had no idea because I couldn't feel anything different. And I couldn't tell it sounded different over all that drilling. So the wonderful hygenist (assistant?) would hand it to me and ask if I wanted to put it back in. She's a nice lady.

So, of course I couldn't have just walked away with a temporary crown to wait patiently for three weeks to get my real crown. No, no, my tooth had to get infected, of course. My cheek felt weird, like when you have the flu and your skin hurts when you touch it, it felt like that, and it was hot, and my ear hurt, and it hurt to blink that eye. Not to mention my tooth, which was all swollen and hurt really bad to chew on. But dear old Dr. Rob with his dear old ability to prescribe drugs put me on an antibiotic and sent me on my merry way.

So, as I wait to be able to chew on that side once again, I am savoring the fact that I really don't want to eat anything, which fares well for my mission to get skinny. I have been doing awesome this week, as far as the eating part goes. The exercise part, not so much. When your tooth hurts with every step you take, you don't really want to go mall-walking.

Tune in next time, I may jump on the "100 Things About Me" bandwagon and do a list of my own. Those lists are just too much fun, and really, how much is there to say about my oh-so-exciting life?

No comments: