Thursday, January 17, 2008

Catchin' Up

Sorry it's been a few days since I've updated. I swear it wasn't so that I could watch the numbers rise in my comments of my last post (although I won't deny that was freakin' awesome.) It's purely because I have had the WORST HEADACHE for the last three days that I cannot get rid of. And by the time I'm done reading all my favorite blogs, my head hurts so bad that I can't justify sitting and concentrating on a new post. My head still hurts, but I can't not post any longer. So here is a compilation of all the posts I would have done the last several days. Enjoy.

~ How much do I love Google Reader? It has completely revolutionized my blogging world. Before, I was lucky if I got to the first three blogs in my favorites. Now, I go to one place that tells me who has updated, and the time has been CUT IN HALF. I am once again the blogging maniac that I was a year ago. You know, back when there were only three blogs to read. Bottom line: If you aren't using Google Reader, crawl out from under your rock and sign up.

~ My son is channeling Napoleon Dynamite, and I have to say, I'm a little scared for him. The new "It" movie at our house right now is Meet the Robinsons. The song at the end of the movie is a fun, upbeat, techno-sounding song called "The Future Has Arrived" by the All-American Rejects. This is Payson's absolute new favorite song, and this is how he lets the world know it: as soon as the credits start to roll and the song begins, he drops whatever he is doing, jumps up, runs and grabs his snow boots, puts them on in five seconds flat, and starts dancing around the family room, eh, flamboyantly. Let it be known that he will not do this without his snow boots on. I've convinced myself there was a switch in the N.I.C.U. four and a half years ago. Somewhere there's a Vegas Showgirl with a four year old boy sitting and playing with dinosaurs. Bottom line: Maybe we've watched High School Musical one too many times at our house.

~ I have been on a music kick lately and I guess I have to tell you why. Please don't judge me. So I have a fabulous cousin who shares my affinity for all things Twilight. (I just went to her blog to get her address for the link and had to laugh at the post that everyone will see if they link to her blog.) She was into Twilight long before I was, and when I first finished the books and lamented over missing my daily Edward fix, she suggested doing what she had done....make a Twilight playlist: Put all the songs that make you think of Twilight in a playlist, and then you can listen to it all day and think about the books. Confession: When she told me this, I had one word in mind: "psycho." I made a mental note to seek help if I ever went that far. Back then I was only slightly obsessed. Well, I've crossed over to the dark side since then and three days ago I found myself searching my music library for any songs that made me think of any of the three books. (This was after I cross-referenced Stephanie Meyer's Playlists that she herself has made for each book to see which songs of hers I have in my library. Okay, why are you people friends with me?) But it was so much fun! I can't believe how many songs seem like they were written for these books. Anyway, as embarrassing as the motive was, it still got me pumped about music that I haven't listened to in a long time and new music that rocks. So, for the first time in.....a really long time, I have added music to my blog. Introducing.......my Twilight Playlist.
*Stay tuned for my New Moon and Eclipse Playlists. Bottom line: I need help.

No comments: