Tuesday, January 29, 2008

So after reading this, I had to Google myself. I could not believe what I found.



SOMEONE IS WRITING A NOVEL ABOUT ME!!!


Okay, maybe not actually about me, but about a girl with my EXACT NAME (pre-marriage), spelling and everything. I know it isn't that uncommon of a name, but it's still freaky.



BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT FREAKED ME OUT.



Not only is this novel about a girl with my exact name, but, minus a few details, this story could be about me (or at least, the high school me). I mean, the description of the person. Not the physical description, the personality. Click here to see what I'm talking about.



STILL NOT WHAT FREAKED ME OUT.


I came across another chapter of the book (this one had some F-Bombs, so I'm not going to link to it. If you really want to read it you can go searching.) and couldn't believe my eyes. Except for the juvenile dialogue and horrible writing skills, this chapter seriously could have been a near-replica of a chapter I wrote last week for my novel. (If any of you do go searching, please, PLEASE know that my writing is a whole.lot.better.)

I WAS FLOORED.


I think the only thing that could have shocked me more when Googling my own name would have been to see my face as a child on a milk carton and find out I'd been kidnapped long ago and the people that raised me weren't really my parents. But this was by far a close second.

No comments: