Monday, January 14, 2008

Speak, And Ye Shall Be Heard

Is it just me, or does anyone else have this problem? It seems like my fan base ebbs and flows with the tide. I read a lot of blogs, and it seems to me like no matter what the post is about, the number of comments made stays pretty level. Whereas on my blog....not so much.

I think I sort of screw myself over whenever I happen to write something that people find funny. My comment box is overflowing with comments and suddenly blogging is my favorite thing in the world. However, my next post...well, I can't keep up the funny constantly, people, I'm not a machine. I'm not always funny and I don't always feel humorous. So if I happen to follow a laugh-fest with a ho-hum post about, oh, I don't know, fun family moments, it's like I can hear the crickets chirping. I know blogging isn't about getting comments, but....isn't it? I mean, if we're being honest.

Is it just me? Are my non-funny posts seriously unworthy of comments? Not even an "oh."? or an "um, neat, Alicia."? I'd accept that. That would be acceptable.

Of course, don't comment if you don't want to. I don't want you to strain yourself. I know Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is nothing to laugh about.

And on that note, I want to invite (is there a stronger word for invite, like, perhaps, require?) any Silent Bloggers (doesn't that sound nicer than Blog Stalkers?) to come forward and comment. And not just on my blog, but on any blogs. But mostly mine. And not just so that I can have more comments, but because I love to know who is reading it. It fascinates me. And because I will get more comments. (If we're being honest...) I'm even beginning to miss Anonymous...remember Anonymous, my blog stalker that I scared away by yelling at every time they commented? Maybe I was a little hasty in my dismissal of Anonymous.....

So, comment, I mean, if you want to.

No comments: