Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Curse of the Phobia

I don't think I've mentioned it before, but I have a small fear of throwing up. No, seriously, I do. I hate it more than anything on this earth. Not only hate it, but am terrified, PETRIFIED of doing it.

Okay, okay, I know you all know this, I just feel like a broken record when I talk about it so I thought I'd change things up a bit. I've actually used this post title before, back when I first started blogging, it was like my third post or something and I got sick. But I had to use it again because that's how I feel. It is a giant CURSE. My curse for life.

I haven't thrown up again, but I swear my immune system is failing me. Why do I get sick so much? Is it the constant fast food? The flow of sugar through my veins? The complete lack of exercise and nutritious food? I don't think so, and here's why: These things were all true about me three years ago, when I never got sick. Something has changed and I don't know what. But I am sick of it! (No pun intended.)

This weekend I thought for sure I was getting the flu again. I was beyond nauseous, had the other flu symptom (I'll spare you the details but it comes out the other end), and just all around felt yuck. Luckily fate decided I'd had my fair share of the awful, horrible you-know-what lately, so I was spared actually doing it, but the symptoms are not gone. My stomach feels like something crawled in there and died.

Don't get me wrong, I am so unbelievably grateful that I didn't actually throw up. But the constant feeling like I'm going to is not so much fun for me, either. Basically I'm a huge baby when I feel this way. Which is why I always have to blog about it. I come from a family that is famous for having to talk about what we are feeling. It always makes us feel a bit better about the crappy situation.

So thanks again for listening about me and my curse. I'm sure you all love it so much (you can't tell, but I'm being sarcastic) but I don't care. This is my blog (weB LOG=online journal) so I am using it as such.

Here's to feeling better and STAYING THAT WAY for looooong periods of time!!

No comments: