Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pity Party At My House

I have such a new found respect for single moms. I have always admired them so much and thought to myself, "How do they do it? I never could." Turns out I was right. I am a lousy single mom. Bill got a second job which puts him at work from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm, Monday-Friday. I don't know how he does it, I try not to think about it. One job is physical labor, the other extreme physical labor. My job, therefore, has also been extended. I thought doing it alone till 5:00 was hard. Ha!

What makes it worse is that it's now summer vacation. No schedule, no have-to's. Nothing to break up the looooooong day. I roll out of bed in the morning and think, "Now what?" I have no motivation to cook, clean, do laundry, leave the house, do anything fun with the kids. And the ironic part is that the whole time I'm laying around doing nothing but wallow in my misery, I'm completely aware of the fact that if I would just get up and do something it would be better. But I can't find the motivation to do it. Funny how that works.

Tomorrow I will try harder. Or at least I am determined to, we'll see if it actually happens. On a positive note, I have used my two hours of alone time at night to write my book! I have written 9 pages so far and am loving it. Don't bother asking, I'm not saying a word about it. It will ruin it for me and put pressure on me, and me and pressure go together like oil and water.

Goodnight, ya'll.

No comments: