Thursday, December 18, 2008

'Snow Wonder I'm Losing My Mind

On the one hand....

The world is covered in beautiful white snow and I love it.

On the other hand...

So is my carpet...and I'm not loving that so much.

On the one hand...

School delays have been giving me two extra hours of sleep all week.

On the other hand...

Payson and I have had a little too much quality time together with preschool being canceled.

On the one hand...

I don't have to worry about getting him out the door or picking him up or finishing his homework or taking snacks.

On the other hand...

Our XBox may break down from over-heating.

On the one hand...

My kids actually want to play outside. (This is unheard of.)


On the other hand...

Every five minutes my glorious solitude is interrupted with knocks on the sliding door (a sound that now makes my blood boil) accompanied by a child on the other side whining that so-and-so threw a snowball at them.

On the one hand...

I love having the excuse to stay indoors all day and be lazy and not go out into the cold.

On the other hand...

Those Christmas presents aren't buying themselves.

On the one hand...

Is a cute little mitten.

On the other hand...

Is a cute little mitten holding a snowball, and a little tongue licking away at it.


I guess that makes it all worth it.

7 comments:

Shayla said...

Oh, the sound of the kiddos pounding on the sliding glass door...I feel your pain. I think I may have to venture out into the icy roads tonight and get some shopping done. I keep putting it off, but like you said...the presents aren't buying themselves. Wanna go with? Oh, and I think I may have to take you up on the oven offer tomorrow... You busy?

Rachael said...

First, I love the title of this post, second, I completely understand where you are coming from. When it warms up, we seriously have to start taking the kids to the park.

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Love it - the photo at the end wraps things up beautifully!!

Amy J. said...

I had to read the cute little mitten line about 4 times before I got it...very cute very cute.

I truly can not believe that school is on time tomorrow...I just came in from them and they are terrible! On the other hand, that is two more hours that I will be able to get things done!

Marilyn said...

Cute cute post.

Lisa said...

ohhhh, how i love the snow. and i'm with your sister about the delays...what's up with that. easton was soooo peeved. made for a great morning. the conditions have been the same aaaalllll week, why today? anyway, love your pictures.

dandee said...

Favorite part: "Those Christmas presents aren't buying themselves"

I have felt the same all week.