Thursday, May 10, 2007

Deja Vu All Over Again

Does anyone else feel like they're living the movie "Groundhog's Day?" I am struggling with it big-time. Every day feels exactly the same and the monotony is really making me depressed. Every day I wake up and go walking (okay, most days. Today I was too depressed.), come home, take a shower, get Macy ready and off to school. Payson sits on my toilet jibber-jabbering away while I finish getting ready for the day. I spend the morning doing one of about three things: taking advantage of only having one kid and going to the store, cleaning, or sitting and blogging if I'm really feeling lazy. Today I have no kids so blogging it is. Then I pick up Macy, argue with her about having a friend over, come home, make lunch, eat lunch, take a nap, wake up, clean until Bill gets home, make dinner (no, that wasn't a typo, I make dinner after my husband gets home. Oh, he loves it.), ignore the dishes since an hour earlier I just did the ones from the night before, collapse on the couch or play Dino Drop until I absolutely have to start getting the kids ready for bed. An hour later, usually at about nine, they're in bed, and normally this is when I would breathe a sigh of relief and take up residence on my couch and blissfully watch my shows. But lately, I have been too exhausted even for that, or maybe just too depressed, and I just go to bed! At nine! Then the next day it starts over. And the next. And the one after that. And so on and so forth.

I know I am not the only one who's days run together like this, but I seem to be the only one who is bothered by it. I don't know what's going on with me. It's always gotten to me, but lately it's really getting to me. Six years this has been my life (or something like it) and now I'm getting tired of the monotony? It makes no sense to me. Am I the only one feeling this way?

No comments: