Friday, September 5, 2008

It's a Blog Eat Blog World

Fact: Almost every single person I know has a blog. Literally. I know maybe three people who don't.

Fact: I currently have 29 blogs in my Google Reader (okay, one is a website. Stephenie Meyer's, too be exact.) There used to be more. A lot more.

Fact: I spend at least two hours a day planted in front of my computer. At least.

Fact: I have a house that I fail to maintain, two young children I try to take care of, laundry that ain't doing itself, and a budding writing career. (Stop laughing. It's rude.) I also have a calling, or job, for my church, a husband that takes up two whole hours of my day, and what I like to think of as a social life.

Fact: If I read every blog of every friend that I have or everyone I knew, my house would look even worse than it does now (stop laughing, it's rude), my kids would play Webkinz all day and eat Snickerdoodles for every meal, the laundry, well, let's face it, it would stay the same, and my novel would never get finished, thwarting any chance of making the New York Times Best Seller list. The list of kids that attend my church would be in complete disarray, my husband would be forced to watch reruns of Wipeout after work, and, let's face it, the social scene around here would crumble.

Fact: I am extremely paranoid about hurting people's feelings, offending anyone, or thinking someone is mad at me. When I was forced to admit that I was spending way too much time blogging and it was time to start cutting back the amount of blogs I read on a day-to-day basis, I was SO WORRIED that people would notice I stopped coming to their blog and be offended or at the very least wonder why. Usually I am just that: paranoid. But as it turns out, my fears were not in vain and so I want to explain to anyone who has noticed my absence.

Just because I may have disappeared from your blog does not mean I don't love you. It doesn't mean I don't still consider you a friend. It doesn't mean your blog or your life bore me. All it means is I have really, really had to cut back on blogging time. It also doesn't mean that I don't check back on occasion just to see what's going on in your corner of the world. I do when I can. I wish I could read and comment on them all. I really do.

And I hope I don't sound hypocritical by doing a post about wanting comments when I've stopped reading and commenting on so many people's blogs. I thought of that after the fact, and I was in no way trying to say, "I don't comment on yours, but you sure as heck better comment on mine." I completely understand if you don't want to comment on my blog. I understand blogging is a two way street.

Okay, I've said it. I'll stop stressing now and I promise to check back on your blogs as often as I can. But if my novel never gets published, I'm blaming you.

11 comments:

Rachael said...

So, never mind this post, IS THAT EDWARD?? A new picture of him with some facial hair??? Yeah, I can officially die happy now. Oh, and I think you are a great blogger, friend, church person, commenter, yadda yadda......Holy Cow he looks hot!

Brenda said...

Um....I don't really have anything, to say, but I wouldn't want to not leave a comment, so I thought I had better say something so that you knew I was a great friend (hope the sarcasm is coming through the typing) :)

Jessica said...

Love the title of this post! My google reader is crazy, I think I need to thin it out a bit, I spend way to much time on here as well!

Lisa said...

Aren't you so glad I have made this easy for you? See, I don't post like three times a day, more like three times a year. Uh, your welcome. All for you my friend. And how in hubs of hootie did I miss an Edward picture, I'm out.

Ms. Kristen said...

Thanks for posting an explanation just for ME!! I was wondering if you had forgotten about me? Little ol' me! Just kidding!!!!! As you can tell, I haven't been posting alot.....just commenting!
Bloggin is a give and take! And....family does come first! I agree!
And then the calling!
And then the social!
And maybe the laundry! But, when it starts to stink....then it has to be thrown in the machine! And, after washing it three times in the washer, cause it starts to stink.....then it is really time to stop blogging!
Alicia, you know I love you!
Nice picture of Edward! UMMMMMM!

Ms. Kristen said...

Thanks for posting an explanation just for ME!! I was wondering if you had forgotten about me? Little ol' me! Just kidding!!!!! As you can tell, I haven't been posting alot.....just commenting!
Bloggin is a give and take! And....family does come first! I agree!
And then the calling!
And then the social!
And maybe the laundry! But, when it starts to stink....then it has to be thrown in the machine! And, after washing it three times in the washer, cause it starts to stink.....then it is really time to stop blogging!
Alicia, you know I love you!
Nice picture of Edward! UMMMMMM!

Unknown said...

tell me about it. there are so many books i want to read but i keep coming back to my computer. so i will no longer be miffed that i don't see your comments. ha ha. i'm totally kidding. 'see' you when you get a chance!

Amy J. said...

So what does that say about us people who just keep adding and adding people to our google reader?

Debie Spurgeon said...

I sooooooooooo understand!!!!!

PRP said...

I've noticed you've been gone from mine and I'm so pissed about it.

So, so pissed.

No wait, I'm over it. I totally understand! You can't do everything for everyone all the time, so sit back and relax. Anyone who doesn't understand that is a total loser.

Is that too harsh?

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I understand, but I hope you come around to my Twilight blog sometimes! I love blogging with you :)