Friday, March 9, 2007

A Day in the Life of Me

The day begins with "No, not yet" and "five more minutes, please"
Then realizing it's hopeless I get up and on my knees
Macy says she brushed her teeth, I know that it's a lie
and then we're headed out the door, and Payson starts to cry

At the school we say good bye and then we're on our way
And once we're home I check my blog and read what others' say
I tell Payson "no snacks yet", he punches at my thigh
I head back to the cyber-world and Payson starts to cry

Then back to school the chauffer goes with three year old in tow
Macy starts to whine for fun and back to home we go
I make a million sandwiches for two kids with a sigh
And then it's time for naps (yippee!) and Payson starts to cry

I wake up feeling so refreshed and then I start to clean
The kids play trains in Payson's room and then I hear a scream
"Mommy!" Macy's crying, "Payson said I'm going to die!"
I close my eyes and count to ten and Payson starts to cry.

And then the precious hour comes when Bill walks through the door
The guilt creeps in that dinner was a thought and nothing more
We pull up to McDonalds and the girl says, "Lepperts! Hi!"
We soon find out they missed one toy and Payson starts to cry.

Finally the time has come, that hour of sweet, sweet bliss.
Excitedly I say goodnight and give them each a kiss.
And as we start to watch our shows with joy, just Bill and I
I savor time just to myself.....and Payson starts to cry.

No comments: