Friday, March 30, 2007

Random Story Day

I really have nothing to say, so I'm calling today Random Story Day. No, I am not making Fridays Random Story Day. I thought it would be more appropriate for it to be more...random. So you'll never know when Random Story Day will pop up. Maybe Random Thoughts Day will make an appearance. There's no telling. Isn't the mystery and suspense intriguing?
So today's random story comes from a discussion we had last night at our ward card swap. We were discussing my gum addiction and how I suck on it, not chew it. So I thought I'd give you all a little insight and background into my world of sucking.
It started when I was a baby. I'm sure I sucked on a lot of things as most babies do, but I took it a little furthur. Even after the bottles, breasts and pacifiers were gone, I still found things to suck on. When I was a toddler and acting up in Sacrament Meeting, my mom would give me gum to make me happy and I would start sucking on it and instantly fall asleep.
I also sucked on food. Here is where the random story comes in.
One day my parents were gone all morning, for several hours, out shopping. We were home with a baby-sitter. When my parents got home around lunch-time, us kids were out on the driveway riding our bikes. My mom saw me sucking on something and came over to see what it was. Inside my mouth she found a piece of bacon FROM BREAKFAST. And it was BLEACHED WHITE! Yup, I'd sucked out the color over those four hours. And I was still working that bacon, getting every last possible bit of flavor and nutrients out of it that I possibly could. Why did I do this? Because I didn't have access to gum back then, so apparently I hung onto the last bite of breakfast to have something to suck on.
So there it is, my famous bacon story. And now, 25 years later, I'm still sucking away, only not on bacon now. No, I've progressed to gum. Any time now I'm gonna get that call from Wrigley's, (Extra Division) offering me the position of CEO. And then I'll finally be able to afford reconstructive surgery on my jaw.

*Today's Enya song is called Carribean Blue. They've used it as the waltz on Dancing With the Stars before. It is one of my very favorites.

No comments: