Sunday, April 13, 2008

At Least I Can Say "I Told You So"

Sorry in advance for the million pictures. Apparently I blog like I scrapbook. The following catalogs our half a camping trip with my family to Sun Lakes.



I had to blog this. My kids packed their backpacks without me knowing
the day before we left and drug them around all day.


This was what Payson deemed necessary for our 4 day camping trip:



Two Transformers, the pants he wore the day before, and of course,
Giraffe.


This is what the kids did 90% of the time:
(explored the "big mountain", as Payson referred to the hill by our camp site)


Payson all cozy in the tent trailer we borrowed from my
brother, Landon, who was the only sibling not there


Branson (My sis. Amy's baby) and Audrey (in front) on our walk to the play area


Payson jumping to Daddy


Sadie (my sis. Alison's daughter) and Owen being helped by their daddies


Payson


Uncle Ryan helping Macy on the zip line


Payson again. He's just so darn cute.


Ryan climbing between the two towers of the playset.
I tried to get a picture showing how high he was but was too late.


Playing down by the lake


Throwing rocks (Alison's daughter Kaitlin in the background)


Bill being Bill


Sweet Audrey, who sat happily watching everything from
the stroller the entire time.


Macy



So here's what I did not get a picture of:

~ Payson, slamming his SAME thumb in the door of the tent trailer, in the SAME spot.
He got a brand new gash just below the scab. Huge cut, bleeding everywhere. The
poor kid didn't stop crying for an hour and didn't smile for the rest of the night. I'm
fairly certain that if there was a chance the nail was going to grow back, it's gone now.

~ Having one of the most miserable nights of my life due to extreme winds shaking our
trailer and making it sound like it was going to fall apart at any moment.

~ Having all my fears confirmed when Payson woke up yesterday morning and started
throwing up. And throwing up. And throwing up. We instantly packed up and left.
(Everyone else comes home today some time.) My parents graciously offered to
keep Macy who absolutely did NOT want to leave. I spent the next 24 hours
holding a bucket for Payson, who literally threw up every half hour until about
six hours ago. Poor kid. Needless to say, this will not be a trip he will look back on
with fond memories.

Shockingly enough, I will. Apart from the less-than-pleasant, too-early ending, it was the best. We had so much fun and I can't tell you how much I loved being with (almost) all my family for two days, something we haven't done in a long time. I will, however, love to see anyone try to get me to do it again.

No comments: