Monday, April 7, 2008

Shiny Happy People Holding Hands

My husband has let it be known on several occasions that I need to work on my outlook on life. More specifically, I need to stop being so freaking negative. I HAVE A PROBLEM!! I don't know what it is, I will always see that blasted glass as half empty...and full of bacteria, just waiting to make me sick. I find the negative in everything!! I don't know why. It's a disease, I tell you. I have so much fun doing my This Week in Hollywood, but every time I do I think, "Is this too negative? Basically all I'm doing week after week is bashing these poor people." So I decided that my next post would be all about the positive. I would blog about something I loved, something that made me happy or all the great things that were going on in my life.

It was seriously as if the Dark Side could sense it was losing its death grip on me and said, "Oh no you don't. No way are you finding anything positive to blog about this week." So when it became very apparent that not only was my next post not going to be positive but oh so very, very negative, I decided maybe I could balance things out with pictures of the most feel-good things I could think of.

So hear goes.

Okay, first of all I'd had this cold/cough for over a week. Friday I woke up and realized for the first time my throat didn't hurt, I wasn't coughing, and my head felt its normal size. Wow, I thought, life is good. Oh, not so fast. Saturday morning I woke up with the tonsils from hell taking over my throat. Cold/cough back on, in full force. I was miserable all weekend. Even as I write this I am hacking up a lung and my chest feels like it's going to burst open with each cough.

Well, at least it's Conference Weekend, right? What better way to be sick than to lay on your couch watching inspirational talks, right? I mean, at least no one's throwing up, right? Really the only thing I have a really hard time with is...what's that Macy? Your tummy hurts? GO IN THE BATHROOM, RUN! RUN! RUN! She started Saturday night and didn't stop--literally--til Sunday afternoon. The only thing that could make it better for me (oh, you can't hear the sarcasm through the computer, but it's there) was the knowledge that the last two times she's gotten the flu, I've gotten it from her. So for the next week I will be a complete wreck, just waiting for the bomb to drop, hoping beyond all hope that a cold/cough bug and a flu bug can't occupy one body at the same time. (I totally know they can. Macy's flu came smack dab in the middle of a wretched cough.)


And then Spring Break started. A time that's supposed to be vacation, sunshine, playing outside, enjoying your kids and not having that crazy schedule to stick to. But we're stuck here at home, recuperating, listening to the rain hit the roof and watching the black clouds cover the sky. Two hours into the day and my kids were already screaming at each other, begging to watch movies, asking when lunch was and when I was going to get off the couch.

But it's okay, because in two days we're supposed to be camping with my family at some place that's supposedly going to be freezing and miserable. I most definitely will not be over this cold/cough and will spend the entire trip wondering when exactly I'm going to start throwing up.


Didn't these sweet pictures just add some joy to your day?


*UPDATE....Macy threw up again last night, 36 hours after the last time. Bill is now home sick with my cough/cold. So...who wants to go camping?!

No comments: