Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Never A Dull Moment

~Payson loves to play in Aunt Amy's bin full of beans. He knows the rule is to try and keep the beans in the bin as much as possible. One day after endless bliss playing in the beans, Aunt Amy entered the room to find more than a little beans scattered around her entire playroom. (Lucky for us Aunt Amy is pretty flexible with the "keep the beans in the bin" rule.) Looking around the room, Payson said, "I didn't know the beans would make such a mess."



Macy at the Children's Museum



~Driving home from school one day, we were stopped in the usual traffic jam to get out of school. We had come to a stop in front of a pasture in which stood a black and white spotted dog. Macy looked at it and said, "Wow, that's the tiniest cow I've ever seen."

~Last week Macy said, "I can't wait for Mother's Day. When's Father's Day?" I told her it was next month, in June, to which Payson asked, "When's Brother's Day?"



Payson at the "Kid's Homeseum"



~Payson, after giving a tiny little cough: *sigh* "I have allergies."

~On our camping trip, I chastised Payson for wandering too far, where I couldn't see him. He scowled and said, "I can't wait to be five." Suppressing a smile, I asked, "Why?" He scowled more and said, "Because I'm tired of being four all day."

Oh, Payson, I hope you stay four forever.

No comments: