Monday, May 5, 2008

A Shout Out To My Peeps

I was tagged by Brenda and Nicole. I have to explain that I don't have a bloggers list visible on my blog so as to avoid offending anyone whose blog I don't read! So the answers below are taken off of my Google Reader list, which is done in alphabetical order.


Here are the rules:


1. Answer questions from your blog list of friends and family.

2. If you don’t have 18 names on your list, just pick one for the last question.

3. Tag 3 other people.



When did you meet the 1st person on your list?

I honestly can't remember when I met Amy. It's funny, because I've known her forever, as far back as high school, maybe earlier. She graduated two years before me and was friends with my cousin. I also knew her just from being in the same stake growing up. After she graduated, I never saw her again until a few months ago she subbed at Bunco at my house and we "officially" met. It was kind of weird. Especially since she had been stalking my blog for months which she announced that night. It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. We hang out all the time now and I love her to death.



What do you like about the 3rd person on your list?

I like that Brenda always tags me for these things, because I love doing them a little too much. I like that Brenda has always been so nice to me and fun to talk to, and I think she's go-geous. I like that she's an amazing scrapbooker and a fun blogger and although she's often quiet in the midst of noisy, talkative women, she'll often jump in and add something funny. Brenda is always someone I wish I could get to know better.



What do you like best about the 5th and 6th people on your list?

#5 is Debie. What I like best about Debie is that I don't know a single person who doesn't LOVE Debie, because she just has that personality that you can't help but love. She has that extremely rare quality of being real but sweet. How does she do that?!

#6 is Heather. What I like best about Heather is that she always makes you feel like you're one of her best friends. It doesn't matter how long it's been since she and I have talked last or seen each other, when I'm around her she makes me feel like a million bucks. When I first moved here, I didn't really know who she was but every time I walked by her she'd say, "Hi, Alicia!" And always used my name which made me feel so good, that she cared enough to remember my name. Thanks for that, Heather.



How long have you known the 9th person on your list?

I've known Kim for four years but it feels like a lifetime. I met her just before I moved here and instantly liked her. She was so friendly and easy to talk to and showed so much interest in our house we were building and the fact we'd be moving into her ward. Our friendship just grew and grew after we finally moved in and now we are closer than ever. I always know I can count on Kim for a spur-of-the-moment girls' night out or movie buddy, which, to me, is about the most important thing to look for in a friend. :)


What impresses you about the 11th and 12th people on your list?

#11- What impresses me the most about Kristi is that she does what I could never do (raising four kids under the age of seven) and does it seemingly without difficulty! I never hear her whine and complain about it, or break down, or scream at her kids. I think she was one of those people built to be a mom.

#12- What impresses me the most about Lindsay is that she truly strives to be the best mother and homemaker. There's always a goal Lindsay is working towards, whether it's preparedness and food storage, cooking dinner for her family every night, or bettering herself spiritually, Lindsay is always a huge example to me.


What is a memory of the 16th?

One of my favorite memories of Marilyn is when she, Danyelle and I drove to Yakima to visit another cousin. I sat in the back (what's up with that?) and she and Danyelle were in the front and we just talked and laughed and they tried, really hard, to get me to fall in love with Michael Buble. (It didn't work.) But I still had a blast.


Something nice about the 18th?

Okay, well, I'm sure you all needed a good laugh, so here it is: I'm number 18 on my Google Reader. Yes, you read that right. I put myself on my Google Reader for 2 reasons: One, to see how many people subscribe to my blog, and two, because then it's just one stop to both check my blog and read everyone else's. See, you laughed but now you're totally going to go put yourself on your Google Reader. (If you haven't already.) So, something nice about me is that you can call me at like, 11:00 at night and I won't care because I'll be up. For another hour. And my husband won't get annoyed, because he's up too. Probably later than me.


I am tagging Kim, Shayla and Noelle

No comments: