Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Egg-straordinary Easter (oh, come on, it was just too easy.)

We had a great Easter weekend.
We dyed Easter eggs Saturday night, something my kids
love to do so much I hear about it all year long:
"Can we color eggs?"
"No, it's November."
Sunday they woke up to their baskets that the Easter
Bunny had filled, and when we woke up they showed us each item,
one by one, down to every last piece of chocolate.
I loved every second of it.


Macy actually got this dress for Christmas. She saw it
at the dress store next to the church bookstore in October
and begged for it for months. Of course I had to let her
wear it to church after she got it (although it was December
and went against everything I believe in)
but managed to hold her off from wearing it again until
Easter. I bought her a matching hair bow and white frilly socks
(which I wore every day of my young life on Sunday and
swore I would never buy my daughters!!) to dress it up
for Easter. She loved it. And Payson... well, in my efforts to
dress my little girl in her best Easter outfit, my son sadly
fell by the wayside and come Sunday morning we were
searching his closet for his most "spring-y" outfit!
Oh well, that kid would look cute in a paper bag.
After church we had dinner with my family at my parents
(scrum-diddly-umptious)
and my dad put on his annual egg hunt for his grandkids.
It was so fun.
Now, who has some great recipes that call for hard-boiled eggs?

No comments: