Friday, April 6, 2007

Silence Isn't Golden

Okay, so at the risk of looking like a complete idiot, I have to say that I was wrong. I was wrong in thinking that by eliminating the comments on my blog it would make blogging fun for me again. And I was wrong in my assumptions about the negative things that were being said, and misinformed. After talking at length with the people involved, I am happy to say I misunderstood some very important details, and almost all of the negative things that I thought were being said were actually meant to be taken completely differently. So I am feeling much better about the blogging thing, and especially about the non-bloggers.
Besides feeling like I need to explain this in order to eliminate a lot of questions when I put the comments back on my blog, I also wanted to put it out there to my fellow bloggers that I was wrong about the negativity, that people aren't saying all that I thought they were. I just wanted to make that clear, in case my earlier post affected any other bloggers in any way.
I know I also said I was getting rid of the comments to prove to myself I was really blogging just for me, but I realized the last few days that 1) what I wrote didn't change in the least, or how I wrote, whether or not people commented, and 2) it really did take a lot of the fun out of blogging for me. I would get online throughout the day and be like, "oh, well, I guess I'll just check my e-mail."
I realized it's not that I have to know what people think of what I'm writing, and it's not that I'm desperate for positive reinforcement. I just love the interaction, the adult/female conversation. I feel so much more at ease over the computer than calling someone up on the phone, and I can "talk" to you all in one five minute shot. That is what I love about the comments.
So although you might think I'm weak and pathetic for caving after only two days (and you might be right), I am going to try and not have any shame in putting my comments back on. After all, the reasons I did it in the first place turned out to not be any reasons at all.

No comments: