Thursday, February 7, 2008

"I didn't vomit on you, did I?" "A little on my shoes, but luckily, I was wearing your shoes."

The last two days have been swell. Wait, nope, I meant hell. You all know how much I love throwing up, and I got to do it all day yesterday. Just lovely. I'm feeling so much better today, just weak with a headache, but my stomach is fine, thank goodness. It's so awesome when you have to face your biggest fear head-on. No, I mean awful.

I don't know what I would have done if my mom didn't come rescue me. The minute I woke up I felt it and I still had to get Macy ready for school. I called her and she came immediately. The minute she walked in the door I turned around and went back to bed. She got Macy ready, took her to school, took Payson home with her and had them the rest of the day till Bill picked them up after work. I always survive the pukes (barely) but one thing I CANNOT do is take care of my kids while I am, or even have anyone there. I so needed that empty house to drown in my misery and heave at will. (Sorry. Apparently making light of it is my way of coping.) So thank you a million times over, Mom.

And I am so grateful that today, although I am back on my feet and functioning, I was granted an extra day of rest and recuperation by a wonderful friend who voluntarily took my kids so I could sleep or do whatever. Another day of no kids, lots of rest, this time no vomit. That's always nice. Thank you SO MUCH Kristi.

And thank you to Nicole who took pity on me and not only picked up the kids from school but shuttled Macy to wherever I needed her to go. SUCH a lifesaver. You rock, Nicole. I think I'll buy you a giant bottle of Purell as a thank you.

I have just been so grateful for people in my life who help me out when I really, REALLY need it. I seriously don't know what I would have done.

No comments: