Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"I want to squish you, squeeze your head off and dangle you from my rear-view mirror," --Paula Abdul

I pride myself in always being ready and willing to admit when I am wrong. Before American Idol last night, I hated David Archuleta. I couldn't deny that he had talent, but his obnoxious personality and immaturity far outweighed my admiration for his skill. But after his performance last night.....well, I still can't stand him and cringe when I watch him talk and laugh, but at least now I can put those feelings aside because last night's performance ROCKED THE HOUSE. Oh. My. Gosh. Bill and I were blown away. And we both hate him. We both watched in silence, and I'm sitting there secretly thinking, "Oh my gosh, this performance is amazing, how can I admit to Bill how much I like it?" And as soon as the song ended Bill said, "I loved it and I hate that I loved it." In fact, we backed it up and watched it again....a FIRST for us in American Idol history (and we've watched every season.) We didn't even delete it off DVR in case we wanted to watch it again. So Kristen, I repent, I beg forgiveness for bashing your beloved David. THE BOY CAN SING. If you didn't catch his AMAZING rendition of John Lennon's Imagine (one of the best songs in the world to begin with), watch it here.

Now if he can just reign in the schoolboy giggles and goofy grins...he may just stand a chance.

No comments: