Friday, February 9, 2007

Coming soon to a theater near you: "Outbreak 2: Tri-Cities"

It turns out I was right. Everyone has been commenting on how crazy it has been with the flu going around. I have never before heard of so many cases, one after another. I was wondering if it was just coincidence that I was hearing of more cases this winter, or if we had really been hit extra hard.
Last night I got my answer. Apparently the hospital has signs all over the entrances saying "THE FLU HAS HIT {our town} WITH A VENGEANCE." Then Amy told me that John saw something on the news about the western states having mass outbreaks of the flu. It's seriously like I'm living in a nightmare and I can't wake up. It finally hit our house, after months of expecting it, but so far we've been lucky in that it doesn't seem to be the stomach flu, just the other flu where you're achy, miserable, etc.
I started coughing yesterday and it got worse as the day progressed. I went to bed with a headache and just feeling yuck all over at 8:30 and proceeded to toss and turn miserably for eleven hours. This morning I'm still coughing and my throat is scratchy but thanks to some Tylenol I'm not aching any more. Anyway, I am just so happy it's this and not the other dreaded stuff.
So today we are all home, nursing ourselves and feeling miserable. All I want to do is go lay in the bath but that's just not possible right now.
So, to anyone else who is ailing right now, hope you get over it soon, and to the still-healthy, STAY INSIDE and wash your hands-a lot.

No comments: