Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Soy Un Perdidor

Okay, so I was happy with my bouqet of red roses and carnations.
And then this evening we exchanged gifts.
This was my gift from Bill:
CLICK HERE BEFORE READING FURTHUR!!!
Yup. That is what my husband got me for Valentine's Day. The most romantic weekend getaway at the most cozy, luxurious suites nestled in the snowy mountains of Leavenworth, Washington. He even has baby-sitting lined up, my dream come true. I have never in my life had such an awesome gift or surprise. He totally outdid himself this year.
And that's not it. He wrote a two page poem of our entire relationship, from LDS chat to now. A poem. In red script font. It was amazing.
And what did I get my husband for Valentine's Day?
Braveheart.
Tiffany, I believe I just made Spencer look like cupid himself.
And that's not the worst of it. Last night I finally got brave and brought up the subject of how we (and by we I mean mostly him) need to work a lot more at being spontaneously romantic, focus more on each other instead of the kids and work and stuff. He's sitting there apologizing, saying he'll work on it, the whole time already having paid for and reserved this suite and planned our romantic weekend getaway.
Scum of the earth? I believe I am.

No comments: